- My first wedding of the year is on Saturday! And it is at Mountain Lake, home of Dirty Dancing which is also something that I love this Thursday (and every other day).
- One of my photos [see above] was printed as the cover of the newest issue of 16 Blocks, quite a surprise when I saw it at Kroger when I returned from the beach over the weekend.
- Rubber Cement Glue… it made the book page photo booth back drop for the wedding I’m doing on June 17 possible! I haven’t used that stuff since I was in middle school, perfect for paper crafts.
- Anahata Joy Katkin‘s art… I saw some cards and canvases with her work on it down at a little shop in Corolla and fell madly in love.
*IMPORTANT* Tomorrow I will be participating in the Art Crawl in Downtown Blacksburg for the first time from 5pm to 8pm. Come on out and see me, my location will be at the Main Street Inn. There will be prizes!
- Beach/vacation… Leaving on Sunday at 6 am for Corolla! First trip to the beach for my son Auden and it’s been at least 3 years since I have been to the beach so I’m out of my mind excited and nervous for hours spent in the car.
- Positive feedback… Apparently the notification on my customer satisfaction survey does not work because I had two glowing reviews when I checked it yesterday (one from Sarah, one Alicia submitted months ago). Thanks, you ladies made my day and I will be sure to post your testimonials when I update my website next.
- I finally finished up the roll of film that Karly and I are film swapping, hopefully it will be back around the same time as I return from the beach. I’m excited to see the results and I’m starting another roll while I’m at the beach.
- Dominos… They are making dinner tonight, I’m too busy!
So anyway, if you can’t find me, I’m soaking up some sun.
Little side note that is something I don’t love… I’ve gotten some reports of e-mails sent to me but never received. I write back everyone within two days so if you don’t hear back from me in a week, your e-mail was probably lost with next week being about the only exception.
- Bon Iver Erotic Stories… I found this blog about a week ago and it cracks me up. Nowhere near as NSFW [not safe for work] as the title implies.
- Bridal portraits… Katie and I took some beautiful bridal portraits out in Willis last weekend for one of our June brides. Unfortunately I cannot share the photos until June, but keep an eye out for them because they are to die for! It was a great ice breaker to get to know the bride better (I recommend that everyone do a bridal portrait and/or engagement session with their wedding photographer before their big day) and we even got to meet a few members of her family!
- Cupcakes… I’ve eaten more than my fair share of cupcakes this week. Sunday Auden turned 2 years old and we had a lot of extra cupcakes leftover after his birthday party.
- Vacation… Less than two weeks away now! We are going to Corolla, NC so hopefully we will see some of the horses this time!
- Peonies… The one pictured above was at the Price House Nature Center aka SEEDS where I went to take some photos today.
Springtime and flowers… These photos were all taken at the Hahn Horticulture Garden on the Virginia Tech campus a couple weekends ago when Karly came into town for a visit. Obviously now that it has gotten warm enough for flowers, there will be a lot of them showing up on my blog. In fact I’m planning on doing some “how to” gardening posts in the coming months.
May 20-27 I will be on vacation in Corolla, NC (Outer Banks). Let me know if you will be there at that time. I’m looking for a model, I want to take some beach portraits!
- Karly came to visit last weekend! We had a little photo excursion at the Hahn Horticulture Garden and then the park behind my house. My SLR could apparently tell that I was trying to double expose the roll of film that Karly and I were TRYING to double expose and wouldn’t allow it so I had to switch over to the Holga 135. Lots of photos from our adventure coming soon!
- Clothes lines… I really wish I had one at my house.
- I shot the most gorgeous session a couple weeks ago with Brittany and I still haven’t had a chance to edit them all (I took nearly 1,000 pictures and need to narrow it down to 150 which is proving to be quite difficult especially while being sick for the past few weeks). Here’s the preview on Facebook.
- April showers… hopefully they’ll bring some amazing May flowers. Some of my seeds and bulbs have started to sprout and I’m so impatient to see them bloom!
- Hopefully I don’t jinx it by saying this, but today is the first day in over 3 weeks that I have not had crazy vertigo or been really sick. Yay!
- Pink flowers… dogwoods, tulips, cherry blossoms. I really love all flowers, but pink ones are generally my favorite.
- Speaking of flowers, some of my ranunculus have finally broken through the dirt. So have my veggies.
- My amazing mother has agreed to let me plant sunflowers at her house! I have been dying to find a field of sunflowers (and a field of cotton) where I can take photos. If you can’t find it, make your own. And she’s also great because she has been taking care of me while I’ve been sick for what seems like forever.
- Earth Day + The Planet… I’m kind of a tree-hugging hippy in case you didn’t know that about me. I am obsessive about recycling and composting. This week is Earth Week at Virginia Tech (since Sunday the 22nd is Earth Day) and tonight starting at 8pm at Gillie’s in downtown Blacksburg is an Earth Week Green Culture Day Annual Art Auction. The proceeds go toward the Virginia Tech Environmental Coalition and I’ve donated a few framed nature-themed photos that will be up for auction.
- The Hunger Games… Finished the first book, started Catching Fire last night.
- Pink dogwoods
- Wisteria – while mine seems to be mocking me and refusing to grow from seed, there is an abundance hidden around my neighborhood. I love to take evening walks with Auden in search of these beautiful purple flowers, but they are always too far back into people’s yards to photograph.
- It is almost wedding season and I’m getting excited. So many gorgeous couples to photograph this summer and fall!
- I finally broke down and bought a flash, but I haven’t even put batteries in it yet.
- And this week I finally began reading The Hunger Games, I feel like the only person on the earth who hast not yet read it, two days in and I’m almost finished.
If you haven’t already, please go “like” my Facebook page.
- Rookie Magazine… yes, this is an online publication for teenagers and I am not ashamed to proclaim my love for it. Where were these girls and this magazine when I was a teenager? I follow them across multiple forms of social media, I just cannot get enough, total fan girl!
- ROMWE… apparently I have been swooning over their clothes all over Pinterest and had no idea where to buy the stuff. I think I know where my tax return will be spent.
- Internet shopping sprees… Yesterday I came home to three packages, one filled with adorable pajamas for Auden, one with some new Spring clothes for me, and one filled with 35mm Lomography film.
- It is only April and my nails are already stained with dirt.
- Karly is coming to visit later this month!
- Today I am having lunch with Debbie of FiftyCentLove Photographie, I love meeting other creative folks from the area so if you are into art or photography and live in the Blacksburg area, hit me up!
- Just mailed off a mystery roll of film and the next one for my Bookish series.
- Auden’s angel soft baby hair.
- On Friday I got my long awaited and anticipated package of Revolog specialty film for review along with a set of post cards. Obviously Auden was intrigued also. Since I had already purchased a roll of Revolog film on my own, I went ahead and wrote the review for the Tesla 1 a few days ago.
- When petals fall from the trees and cover the ground in a beautiful, fragrant warm snow that blows around beautifully in the breeze.
- Wedding season is sneaking up quickly and I am VERY excited!
- It’s flower time! I bought some bulbs and some seeds and I’m ready to get this party started! My dog gnawed my ranunculus and anemone bulbs in half, but I planted them anyway so hopefully they will still grow. I’ve already done a few spring projects including spreading grass seed over a wonky area of our yard, building a tower of pots that will *hopefully* be home to strawberries soon, and a pallet garden. That pallet was an outrageous amount of trouble that I didn’t expect, the backing fabric ripped and 80 pounds of dirt dumped out so I had to start over. Ignore the fact that there are hardly any flowers yet, there are plenty of seeds and bulbs stuck in there, it should be pretty really soon!
- And I am ever so grateful that on Sunday, Evident Noise posted an interview with me including some of my photos. Be sure to go check it out!
- On Friday I was featured on the Free People blog, yay!
- The lovely Emily and Brett let me borrow THREE of their vintage Polaroid cameras to practice with until their wedding day. I won’t lie, I’m pretty bad at using them so far, but I’m working on it!
- Falafel… I had the best one ever over the weekend at Firefly Fare in Market Square in downtown Roanoke (along with some pretty amazing sweet potato fries).
- Karly sent me an amazing hand-made 90′s style friendship bracelet in the mail this week. [Yes I should have taken a picture for this post but I haven't yet, sorry Karly!]
- I finally used my Revolog Tesla film that I had been saving up for months and months. And they are sending me a lot more of their film to try out and review so I can’t wait for that.
- The image is for this week’s theme “rain” on Chaque Semaine, it’s the Tulip Poplar in my yard. Yay Spring!
I pretty much wrote a novel for my “Things I Love Thursday” post this week, but my stupid blog host ate it and now my baby is angry so I can’t re-write the whole thing, sorry!